Enrollment of Students
Children who live with a parent or legal guardian whose domicile (home) is within the boundaries of Syracuse-Dunbar-Avoca Public Schools may enroll in the District's K - 12 schools without charge. A family's domicile is defined as its primary, fixed, and permanent residence for legal purposes. To enroll a child as a resident student, families may be asked to provide at least two (2) documents to prove that their domicile is within the District.
Proof of Residency that might be required include but are not limited to:
- Property deed in your name or recent mortgage statement
- Current lease/rental agreement (signed by landlord and tenant)
- Current utility bill (name and address must be included)
Regardless of the documents that may be available, simply owning or renting property within District boundaries does not establish residency; the primary criterion is the location of the family's actual domicile.
Parents of children entering kindergarten through twelfth grade must complete the linked Syracuse-Dunbar-Avoca District Enrollment Form for their children.
According to state statute, children are eligible to attend kindergarten if they turn five years old on or before July 31 of the calendar year of admittance. We will also need the following for
1. A physical examination and visual evaluation no earlier than six months prior to the first day of school.
2. A complete immunization record including: 3 doses of DTap, DTP, DT, or Td vaccine, one given on or after the 4th birthday; 3 doses of polio vaccine; 3 doses of pediatric Hepatitis B vaccine; 2 doses of MMR or MMRV vaccine, given on or after 12 months of age and separated by at least one month; 2 doses of varicella (chickenpox) or MMRV given on or after 12 months of age or documentation of varicella disease.
3. An original raised seal birth certificate or a notarized copy of the original birth certificate.
Syracuse-Dunbar-Avoca Public Schools offers Pre-Kindergarten classes for four year old children. Children are eligible to attend Pre-K if they turn four years old on or before July 31 of the calendar year of attendance. Children who are age-eligible to attend Kindergarten are not eligible to enroll in Pre-K.
There are two morning sessions that operate from 8:00-11:00 am. There is one afternoon session from 12:00-3:00 pm. The cost of tuition is $100.00 per month.
Parents may register for Pre-K at any time, but registration does not guarantee enrollment. Pre-Kindergarten enrollment is subject to program capacity during the year of attendance. Capacity is not determined until the spring prior to the child attending Pre-Kindergarten.
Elementary: (Grades PK-3)
Middle School: (Grades 4-8)
High School: (Grades 9-12)
If you are a current resident and have a change of address, please inform the correct office of that change.
Additional ways to access the District's schools include:
- Option Enrollment into our schools
For the option enrollment process please call our Superintendents office at 402-269-2383 and be ready to fill out the Nebraska Option Paper work from the link below.